NBI Admission Requirements
NBI's admission requirements are based on employer requirements for entry level drivers. The admissions process requires a completed and signed application with an interview by a member of our admissions staff. This step confirms suitability for training as well as your commitment to training related employment or other program-related goal(s). Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current valid driver's license, acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam and drug screen. Must have no physical handicaps that would limit safe operation of equipment and must meet industry hiring criteria. For more details call us toll free at 1-888-303-8754 or Click Here to fill out our contact page, and one of our representatives will contact you.
- NBI offers day, evening and weekend classes to fit your schedule!
- Day classes are Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm for 4 weeks.
- Evening classes are Monday-Friday, 6pm-10pm for 8 weeks.
- Weekend classes are Saturday and Sunday only, 7am-5:30pm for 8 weekends.
- NBI starts classes weekly!
Our mission is to prepare students to become safe, professional drivers ready to start a new career as a truck driver! NBI's successful job placement assistance for graduates sets a high standard across the country for excellence. NBI is known as having one of the best truck driving programs across the country by many carriers.
NBI's CDL Class A Training Program
The CDL Class A Commercial Vehicle Operator training program is a 160 hour industry specific program developed to assist trucking companies to fulfill shortages and demand for entry-level commercial drivers.
NBI offers the in-depth, hands-on truck driving experience sought by employers. Programs emphasize hands-on experience, work simulations, as well as, class lecture/discussions. NBI's training curriculum is based on the requirements and laws set forth by Federal Motor Carrier and Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle.
Students will learn how to safely operate a Class A Vehicle with training received from certified instructors with many years of driving experience.
- Road training
- Backing maneuvers and skills
- Pre-trip inspections
- Proper coupling
- General equipment operation
- Obtain knowledge of state and federal laws, rules and regulations
- Job readiness for a career as a professional driver
- Students will have the training and knowledge to help them pass the state CDL exam to obtain their Class A license